German mortgage information
- Loans are available as Euro mortgage only, and are repayments only
- The maximum loan to value for a purchase is 80 per cent
- The maximum term of any mortgage is 30 years: up to age 75
- The minimum loan amount is €25,000 with no maximum
- The minimum income level is €60,000 gross per annum
- Mortgages are available for owner used and buy to let properties
To qualify for a mortgage in Germany, a calculation is used to establish whether you can afford to maintain the mortgage repayments. Your existing liabilities, including your UK mortgage or rental payments, loans, credit card payment and maintenance are taken into account, together with your proposed German mortgage payments. All this must not typically exceed 30 per cent of your net monthly income.